I am so excited about my new webinar series with Terry “Starbucker” St. Marie on how to Lead Positive The More Human Way!
If you don’t yet know who Terry is, you should! Terry is a writer, consultant, and startup investor living in Portland, Oregon. For the past 9 years he has published a popular blog featuring his “More Human” leadership philosophy, TerryStarbucker.com, frequently recognized as one of the “Top 50 Leadership Blogs.
Terry was also recently cited by Inc. Magazine as one of the “Top 100 Leadership and Management Experts”, and by Agnito as one of the “300 Social Media Accounts Every Business Owner Should Follow.” Before moving to the Rose City in 2010, he had a successful 23 year tenure as an executive in the cable television industry.
In this free webinar, Terry and I will present Part One of a six-part series on the heroic journey that awaits leaders who boldly tackle challenges and opportunities in order to achieve greatness for their organizations. We will connect all the dots between the Myth, Effective Leadership, and Real Life with keys,questions and exercises that can help you find and answer your own personal Call.
Keep reading for more information and I hope you can join us on December 8!
Lead Positive The More Human Way
How your heroic journey can drive personal growth and help you reach your highest leadership potential.
Part 1:Answering The Call To Great Leadership
December 8th, 2015
10AM to 11AM PST
Register Here: http://bit.ly/1llFhpf
There comes a time in a more human leadership journey where something radically changes. Everything may seem okay on the surface, but there is a strong desire in you to move beyond the status quo. You just know there are better ways to solve the problems and counter the challenges facing your business.
You begin to see a new possibility, a new goal, or a new game-changing vision for your group or organization. You sense the imperative for a change that is connected to deeply held values and beliefs and personal aspirations.
You feel compelled to act, and make the critical transition from personal ambition, the “I”, to a leadership journey focused on the “We”, realizing the power of a united team rallied around a single Mighty Cause as a pathway to positive change in the organization as well as of amazing personal growth for the leader.
You’re at a critical crossroad. Are you ready for this heroic call to great leadership?
In this engaging and inspiring free webinar, renowned leadership experts Dr. Kathy Cramer & Terry “Starbucker” St. Marie have joined forces to present Part 1 of a six-part series on the heroic journey that awaits leaders who boldly tackle challenges and opportunities in order to achieve greatness for their organizations.
The heroic leadership journey calls upon Joseph Campbell’s narrative framework to help leaders see their paths forward and navigate the predictable (and unpredictable) head and tail winds. It consists of six phases:The Call, Resistance to the Call and Meeting Mentors, Threshold Crossing, the Journey, the Supreme Ordeal and Victory, and the Return Home.
(For more information, download Kathy’s E-book HERE)
It’s a great framework for leaders to create a narrative for their leadership and make a deep and fulfilling heart and mind connection – taking their leadership to a higher, and more human level.
This webinar will introduce the six phases and their importance and context to great leadership, and then focus on The Call, so you can identify your game-changing vision and Mighty Cause and take that critical first step on your personal leadership journey.
Registration for Part 1 is free – a great chance to sample Kathy and Terry’s full six-part Heroic Journey series before paid registration begins when it resumes in 2016. Seats are limited so be sure to sign up early.
- An Overview Of The 6 Phases of The Heroic Journey – Why understanding and applying this framework for organizational change and innovation is so important to great leadership.
- The Call, in Myth: Joseph Campbell discovered that all story-telling, consciously or not, follows the ancient patterns of myth, and the characters in these stories, and particularly the hero, represent true models of the workings of the human psyche, reflecting universal concerns. Kathy talks about The Call in myth to help us understand its connection to leadership, using the example of Luke Skywalker from Star Wars to show humanity’s everlasting need be a part of something bigger than themselves, and how neuroscience plays an important role in feeding our desire to step forward.
- The Call, for Effective Leaders:The effective leader has to be as vividly prominent as the game-changing challenge for the enterprise itself, and the Heroic Journey provides a series of predicable milestones to measure progress. The Call encourages the leader to infuse the imperative for change with their deeply held values and beliefs and personal aspirations, thus creating the “why” behind the “what”. Kathy and Terry will talk about how the leader can use The Call to elevate a game-changing enterprise challenge by tapping into the mind, the heart and the spirit under a single Mighty Cause.
- The Call, in Real Life: In his successful career as a cable TV executive, Terry made his own personal journey to achieve what he calls the “success trifecta”:a profitable business, a happy team, and a fulfilled leader. It started with a Call of his own, a real-life example of the start of the heroic journey. Terry will talk about the secrets of his important progression from “I” to “We” as the leader of over 1,000 employees who initially were a unhappy, untrusting and disillusioned group and eventually became a top-performing, cohesive and happy team under a Mighty Cause.
- Practical Takeaways – Kathy and Terry connect all the dots between the Myth, Effective Leadership, and Real-life with keys,questions and exercises that can help you find and answer your own personal Call.
- Audience Questions
Register Here for the webinar
Kathy D. Cramer, PhD, is passionate about showing leaders how to operate in the upper ranges of their potential. She dedicated her career to Asset-Based Thinking® (ABT), a way of looking at the world that helps leaders, influencers, and their teams make small shifts in thinking to produce extraordinary impact.
As a leadership development consultant, she has worked with clients such as DuPont, Nestle Purina, Starbucks, and Microsoft, as well as many educational and non-profit organizations.
Dr. Kathy Cramer, a psychologist, has written nine books, including the best-selling book Change the Way You See Everything, which started the ABT movement in business, healthcare and education. Her latest book, Lead Positive:What Highly Effective Leaders See, Say & Do, is a playbook for leaders who want to focus on strengths, solutions and game-changing results. In 2014, it was selected as one of the top 10 business books by Inc. Magazine.
Terry “Starbucker” St. Marie is a writer, consultant, and startup investor living in Portland, Oregon. Before moving to the Rose City in 2010, he had a successful 23 year tenure as an executive in the cable television industry.
Terry has extensive experience in business operations, customer care, strategy and financial management. For the past 9 years he has also published a popular blog featuring his “More Human” leadership philosophy, TerryStarbucker.com, frequently recognized as one of the “Top 50 Leadership Blogs. He was also recently cited by Inc. Magazine as one of the “Top 100 Leadership and Management Experts”, and by Agnito as one of the “300 Social Media Accounts Every Business Owner Should Follow” (find Terry on Twitter as @Starbucker).
He’s also the co-founder of a new online magazine focused on entrepreneurs, BuiltOregon.com, which launched in December 2014.
Terry is an investor in the Oregon Angel Fund, Angel Oregon, and Social Venture Partners Portland, and is on the board of the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network.
Register now for this free webinar – seats are limited. See you on 12/8!