“People follow people, not ideas” – Dr. Kathy Cramer
My guest on the latest addition of the More Human Podcast is Dr. Kathy Cramer, who has created and dedicated her life to what she calls asset-based thinking (ABT), a way of looking at the world that helps leaders, influencers, and their teams make small shifts in thinking to produce extraordinary impact.
As a business consultant, she has worked with clients such as DuPont, Prudential Real Estate, Starbucks, and Microsoft, as well as many educational and non-profit organizations.
She’s also a psychologist, has written nine books, including the best-selling Change the Way You See Everything, which started the ABT global movement. Her latest book, Lead Positive: What Highly Effective Leaders See, Say & Do, shows leaders how to increase their effectiveness through Asset-Based Thinking.
Highlights from our (all too short) fascinating chat include:
- Kathy’s definition of great leadership
- Why Asset-Based Thinking is a great advantage for leaders
- Training our brains to overcome our natural negative bias
- The effectiveness of the “5 to 1 Principle”
- Why a “mighty cause” is so important to effective leadership
- The brain’s “mirror neurons” and what that means to a leader
- How a leader needs to stimulate their team’s reward pathways (for the dopamine rush)
- Why great leadership needs to have a soul (and there’s science to that too)